March 20, 2005

Driving to Iceland

Our friends, the Carders, came through a couple of weeks ago. They were "driving" from Las Vegas enroute to Iceland, where they will be stationed for two years with the air force. I was reading Amy's blog and reflecting on how God moves us around, not always with our own blessing or understanding.

Before she posts some beautiful pictures, she writes...
I'm really not enjoying this place. I'm sure there is a reason why God sent us here, I'm just waiting patiently for the answer. It's not like I'm so miserable and depressed that I cry everyday or don't want to get out of bed. I just want my friends to be here with me. These people here aren't my people and from the looks of things they won't ever by my people. I'm just praying that God will give us a place. I really don't need any friends; I have plenty (and I have a Las Vegas number to call them on). There are plenty of ways to "get involved" here, but you know me; I'm not much for the casual "get involved". Blah, blah blah.... that’s enough of my whining. It’s late and I'm not making sense.
"I'm just praying God will give us a place." I believe that is the heart of most prayer; that God would make a space in this world that only we and He can fill together. God will show himself and make a place for you. I pray it is soon. You are loved.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Thank you.